"Trust"

7:00:00 AM

And I am writing this out of frustration. If there's one word that really struck me today, that's "Trust". It's such a meaningful word that can really equate to different feelings. I'd like to think happy thoughts for this word. But no, I feel sad, pointless and ridicule. 

Most of us have encountered Trust even on the most basic manner. You trusted your dad when he told you that he'll be right behind you when you were learning to ride a bike. You trusted your guts that you can join the chorale even if you have the most unusual pitch. But that's not how we really use this word right?

Your first heartache was because you trusted that person that he will never cheat on you. But he did. You crumbled and just decided that you will never trust anyone again. I have a lot of friends who have experienced Trust issues, and I myself too. And it was really not easy to deal with your trust being broken.

I am also not proud of it, but I also broke a lot of people's trust in me. And I know, I'll always be in debt because of it. 

My friends would always assume that I know a lot about dealing with it. (Being-in-a-not-so-many-mishaps)Yes! I think so too. And it really pains me to see a friend just losing that spark because of it. I feel guilty. That why this person has to deal with it when they never really deserve it. NO ONE deserves it. But things like this makes you stronger. 

And I know, reading this will never mend that broken heart. But if there's one thing I learned how to deal with.

I listed a few things that I know can help you ease the pain:

1. Cry. 

- Yes! Don't be a bad ass, it's not true that you don't need to cry over someone because they broke your trust. Shed a tear. Let it out. Vent. Talk to your friends if you have to. But as for me, I cry before I sleep. Because that's the only time I can think straight and just reflect.

2. Confront.

- The most common thing that people do is to avoid. But why? Because of the deed? Do you just deserve a very empathetic sorry? Make yourself heard. Tell them how it affected you. It's either you lose it you just break it. Confrontations are done by people who are brave enough to admit that they can face everything even their detractors. It's a better way of moving on too. Don't let the past haunt you as they say.

3. Don't do anything stupid.

-Sometimes people will be so impulsive that they will just NOT Think first. No judgement here, because I've done it. I know it's so hard to do this, but always think if how it will affect you and the people around you. 


"Just to share- I always tell my daughter (she's 7 years old btw) when she's taking the exam, if she doesn't know the answer, just close your eyes, breathe..and count 1 2 3.. This will give you a clearer side of what to do."
:)  
4. Love yourself.

-The most common thing that we think we do after "it". You need to ask yourself why do people do it, what gave them the reason inspite of you pouring your heart on trusting that person they still did it. My answer is-- People are not like you. Everyone is unique. Like you and I, we have a lot of differences on how we handle situations or how to deal with it. That's why you should never expect them to think like you think, feel like you feel and whatever. 

After "it", it should never break your confidence. Let it be a learning experience. Make it into something that eventually can make you wiser. :)

There are a lot of books, shows, movies, songs, blogs and whatevs that you can relate to interms of Trust issues. But remember, only yourself can help
you deal with it. It's a long process but I promise you, you'll know it when you crossed the bridge without looking down. 

Let me know if my "words of wisdom" be of any help to you. I'd be glad to hear it. 

xoxo,
Karen

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe